After the old Envato Toolkit plugin was deprecated, you can use the new one Envato Market plugin to install WordPress themes and plugins purchased from ThemeForest & CodeCanyon automatically. Once your themes & plugins are installed WordPress will periodically check for updates, so keeping your items up to date is as simple as a few clicks.
There are two variations on how to setup this plugin:
- Global OAuth Personal Token: you will be able to update/install all your themes you purchased on ThemeForest
- Single Use OAuth Personal Token: you can setup updates for a single theme
You can add a global token to connect all your items from your account, and/or connect directly with a specific item using a singe-use token & item ID. When the global token and single-use token are set for the same item, the single-use token will be used to communicate with the API.
In this example, we will use the Global OAuth Personal Token method:
- Step 1: You just need to click on the generate a personal token link, which will take you to the Envato page, where you will need to log in and generate the token:
- Step 2: Then copy the generated token and paste it in the plugin settings.
- Step 3: Once you save the token, you will see a list of all themes that you purchased on ThemeForest. If there is an update for your theme it will look like this:
- Step 4: To update the theme just click on Update Available and the theme will update to the latest version.
NOTICE: This method just helps with the themes and plugins you purchased from ThemeForest. Since, VideoPro goes with some built-in plugins (cactus-video, videopro-shortcode, etc) you can update these plugins automatically follow this guide Update Theme and Plugins