Advance Search Form (ASF) plugin is an upgrade of the WordPress’s simple search widget. This plugin enables Advanced Search Form (ASF) function with these following features:
- Search all posts and custom post types
- Search in specific categories only
- “Filter search results by categories and tags” ability for visitors
- “Order search results” ability for visitor
- Highlight results
- Search suggestion/Ajax search
- Insert Search form anywhere using shortcode
- Fully configurable
Go to ASF Settings page to configure general settings for this plugin
- Post Type to search: Choose what kind of post types to search. If unchecked all, Search will perform on all post types. NOTE: This option is overridden in Theme Options > Search settings > Search Video Posts only actually.
- Video Series
- Contact Forms
- Grid Builder
- Option Tree
- Search in categories: Check the categories you allow to search in, or leave unchecked all if you allow to search in all categories
- Label Text: The label that will go before the search textbox (NOTE: only apply to
[advance-search]shortcode). Leave empty if you don’t want to use label
- Button Text: Text on the search button (NOTE: only apply to
[advance-search]shortcode). Leave empty if you don’t want to display search button
- Placeholder Text In Textbox: Default text in the search textbox (NOTE: only apply to
[advance-search]shortcode). Leave empty if you don’t want to use default text
- Show Category List: Display the category combobox in the filter panel so that visitors can filter the search result by categories
- Only Search Videos: Check this option if you want to search on Video only.
- Show Tag Filter: Display list of available tags in the filter panel so that visitors can filter the search result by tags
- Highlight Results: Highlight search result by wrapping similar words in the search results by a tag. NOTE: NO longer support!
- Ajax Search Suggestion: Enable ajax search while users are typing
- Maximum Ajax Results: Maximum number of results returned by an ajax search
- Load Default CSS: Load pre-defined CSS file for the search filter panel.
- Suggestion list: Advance search form will auto include these following strings into suggestion list:
- Post title
- Taxonomy title (page, category, tag)
- Custom Post title
- Custom taxonomy title
- Custom Words: If you want to add additional list of words, please enter in textarea below. One word a line. NOTE: NO longer support!
- Custom CSS: If you have custom CSS to apply for search form, enter it here