The Social Locker plugin allows you to use shortcodes in order to lock content. During installation, the plugin created for you the shortcode [sociallocker] named “Default Locker”.
You can create shortcodes for whatever you need them for. For instance, you could create one for locking video players or another one for locking download links. Each shortcode has its own settings.
- Locker Header: Set a clear title that attracts attention or creates a call to action (see the example below).
- Loker message: Describe what the visitor will get after they unlock the content. This is very important, as visitors need to be aware of what they are getting. And please, only promise things you can deliver.
Congratulations! The locker is ready to use.
- A download link (for instance, a free graphic, an audio file, video resources, or a printable pdf of your article).
- A promo code (for instance, a 10% off discount, if the visitor shares your promo page).
- The end of your article (for instance, you might show the beginning of the article to gain interest, but hide the ending).
- Lock all of your content, posts or pages.
- Lock boring content or content that is not interesting.
- That’s it! Save your post and see it on your site!